At our admitting office we make sure to inform patients on the expected financial obligations according to the room or suite the patient have requested. In addition, we insure that the patient signed the general consent.
Please make sure you bring the following documents with you:
• Personal identification card.
• Insurance card or prior authorization form from the guarantor for non-self-payers.
• List of all the medications that you are currently taking.
• The admission staff will issue you an identification band with your name and Medical Record Number (MRN).
• You will be given the option to choose the type of room you prefer.
• If you arrive in emergency situation, we keep your personal items and valuables.
• Prior to admission, you will be asked about your room category either a shared, private room, or VIP suite. This can also depend on the insurance class you hold. All room categories are fitted to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
• All rooms have a bedside table, a refrigerator, and a closet for personal belongings. Beside each bed, a telephone is placed with unique extension and a nursing alarm is placed to facilitate calling the treating nurse when needed.
• Before admission, all rooms are cleaned and disinfected carefully by the housekeeping staff supervised by infection control practitioner.
• During your stay, the room will be cleaned on a daily basis by housekeeping staff.
• Our Credit Authorization Department will verify insurance or hospital coverage and benefits. We will also work directly with the relevant insurance company or employer to ensure that all required authorizations have been approved before admission.
The patient or the patient’s representative shall sign an agreement that full cost of treatment will be paid by cash and a deposit is placed prior to admission.
It is applicable when the patient is covered for treatment at Sanad Hospital by a valid insurance card. For insurance holders, prior approval is required before admission.
It is applicable when there is cover for treatment at Sanad Hospital by either the patient’s employer or sponsor (if they have a current financial agreement with us). The credit category requires pre-approval before a patient can be admitted.
It is applicable when there is a cover for patient’s treatment by Ministry of Health of KSA. Usually these patients are brought to the emergency department by Saudi Red Crescent or by private car with emergency or life threatening conditions.
If you require a treatment in Sanad hospital, admission procedure will depend upon the section where admission took place:
Admission from emergency room:
• A patient can be admitted to the Hospital due to a medical or surgical emergency. The admission procedure will be done via the admission desk in the emergency room.
• It is advisable for the patient to be accompanied by a family member or a friend escorting him as this will help doctors to get information about patient’s medical history and circumstances surrounding the emergency.
Elective admissions are planned in advance. These admissions are done through the admission desk in the main reception which is located on the ground floor in the main lobby of the hospital.
Elective admissions are planned. Thus, all required tests will be conducted before or during admission. Cost will be calculated, approval will be issued and operation (if needed) will be scheduled in advance.
Admission referred from other medical centers:
Sanad accepts referrals from other medical centers including MOH and private hospitals based on eligibility.
Patient’s companion must be at least 16 years and in a good health. Children and infants are not allowed.
• We welcome visitors and believe that they are a crucial part of patient recovery.
• The designated visiting hours are from 4:00pm-10:00 pm 7 days aweek in the general words. However, visiting hours for the Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit are from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm 7 days aweek.
• Visitors who have any communicable diseases (chickenpox, TB, mumps, measles, and influenza) or have been exposed to them within the past three weeks are not allowed to visit, as they pose a risk to patients with suppressed immunity.
• Children are welcome during visiting hours but they must be accompanied by a non-patient adult who is at least 18 years old; children are expected to remain with the adult who is supervising them.
• Visiting rules may vary from patient to patient based on their health condition or the type of unit they are in. Nursing staff can provide further specific information relevant to the patient’s needs.
• Patients have the right to specify whom they would like as visitors as well and those they may prefer not to visit them.
• Smoking policy: smoking is strictly prohibited in Sanad Hospital facilities.
Safety: to ensure maximum protection for everyone if a real incident occur, we do a routine fire and disaster drills. There will be a clear announcement preceding any of those drills while you are in our inpatient or outpatient facilities. In case of real incident while you are in our facilities, please follow the directions of the staff.
Discharge from Hospital:
The planning for your discharge is of equal importance as your admission. Therefore, the team responsible for your care will plan your discharge a head of time. Patient will be informed about the expected date of discharge as soon as the management plan is clear.
Once the patient is informed about the discharge timings, he should inform his family members to come at least one hour prior to the planned discharge time to finish the discharge process.
Before discharging the patient from the hospital, our team will insure that adequate discharge instructions were provided. Our treating team works with patients and their families to help making the discharge plan and instructions efficient as possible.