The Department of Ophthalmology at Sanad Hospital provides specialized care and innovative therapies in all aspects of eye care. The department extends its services to the outpatient department and the emergency department (for any emergency eye cases). An Ophthalmology physician stays on call around the clock, daily, to receive patients with emergency eye conditions.
The outpatient ophthalmology clinic manages a wide variety of eye disorders in children and adults including diabetic and hypertensive eye disease, age related macular degeneration, vein occlusions, artery occlusion, and other retinal diseases. It also examines premature babies admitted in the neonatal intensive care unit to evaluate retinopathy of prematurity.
Services provided by the department include the diagnosis and treatment of:
• Dry eyes
• Eye lid cyst, “lumps or bumps”
• Corneal problems
• Vitreous detachment
• Optic nerve abnormalities
• Ocular and periocular infections
• Ocular trauma
Procedures offered include:
• Minor Surgeries – Like Chalazion, cyst removal, stye, epiliation, botox etc.
• Posterior Segment – Medical retina with basic facilities such as direct and indirect opthalmoscopy, B-scan imaging, 78-D examination.