Rheumatology is a sub-specialty in internal medicine, devoted to diagnosis and therapy of rheumatic diseases. Rheumatologists deal mainly with clinical problems involving joints, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, vasculitis, and heritable connective tissue disorders.
Doctors in this department have been trained in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Besides caring for patients, the staff are also involved in reading the international updates to improve treatment options and patient’s quality of life, and in training new specialists. Rheumatologists work closely with the other specialists at Sanad Hospital to provide patients with coordinated and comprehensive care. Some of the diseases diagnosed and treated by our specialist doctors include:
- Degenerative Arthropathies – Osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory Arthropathies – Rheumatoid Arthritis; Spondyloarthropathies; Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis; Septic Arthritis
- Systemic conditions and connective tissue diseases- Lupus; Polymyositis; Fibromyalgia; Vasculitis etc.
- Soft tissue Rheumatism-Lower back pain, tennis elbow, golfers elbow
- Outpatient consultations
- Outpatient speciality care for patients with chronic rheumatic diseases
- Hospital consultations
- Diagnostic and therapeutic intra-articular and soft tissue injections and aspirations
- Outpatient diagnostic arthroscopy
- Education on rheumatologic diseases and treatments