The Obstetrics & Gynaecology department provides complete antenatal care, including non-stress test, ultrasound, blood/urine work-ups, biophysical profiles and amniotic fluid tests. The Obstetrics & Gynaecology consultants and specialists provides antenatal assessments of normal pregnancy and non-pregnancy related illnesses. The unit is equipped with the latest technologies in ultrasonic scanning (the 4 D scan) which is designed to give better view using 4D technology.
Sanad Hospital has a separate Obstetrics & Gynaecology emergency section consisting of an examination room and an observation room. An Obstetrics and Gynaecology physician is present in the emergency section around the clock.
The inpatient Obstetrics and Gynaecology ward offers quality care that a mother and a new born baby need in a specialized and safe environment. Each private room is equipped with the latest fetal monitor to keep a constant assessment of the baby, prior to going into labor.
The department’s Labor and Delivery team is highly experienced in handling both normal and high-risk pregnancies, and is supported by the latest equipments and technologies to assist with all aspects of birthing. While simultaneously accommodating a variety of birthing experiences. The department works with you to achieve the type of birth you desire, including the use of medication and anesthesia, as decided by you and your treating physician.
The labor and delivery team include:
• Obstetrics and gynaecology physician
• Well trained nurses
• Gynaecological examination, diagnostic tests and preventive screenings
• Pap testing: cervical cancer screening
• Screening of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Mammogram to diagnose and screen breast masses
• Birth control options: medications and procedures for temporary or permanent birth control
• New and minimally invasive gynaecologic surgery (laparoscopy/hysteroscopy)
• Urogynecology examination and management of incontinence and pelvic floor disorders
• Management of Pelvic pain, including endometriosis
• Management of abnormal uterine bleeding
• Management of Fibroid tumors/Polyps
• Management of Menopause symptoms
• Surgical management of urine incontinence
• Cosmotic pelvic repair